As I’ve posted before, that my grandparents owned a local drive-in restaurant years ago called the “Dizzy Dip”. This was years before the internet and social media management was around. While I was writing the post “Making A Great Social Sandwich”,
I thought about how I would have managed or promoted my grandparents restaurant – if I was their social media manager.
So I opened up a new word document and started brainstorming - to get my social media management going I would probably done the following:
- Print or painting social media icons with URL’s (if possible) or keyword on existing or new exterior signage or storefront glass. Exp: Find Us On Twitter – dizzydip.
- Create a social media management campaign strategy with neighboring businesses – offer to advertise their links in exchange for advertising your links on their exterior storefronts, printed products or websites.
- Print/painted social media icons with URL’s or keywords on exterior of your company or your personal vehicle.
- Painted on our parking lot concrete parking bumpers my URL of my website, facebook, twitter or other social networking site. Exp: www.facebook.com/dizzydip.
- Print out business cards or larger post cards with your company info and social network links and brief bio, company or product information.
- Print out “handout” coupons for POS distribution with a QR code leading back to social profiles, website, squeeze page or other promotional info.
- Have URL’s print out on front/back of register receipts if software provides for that service or use pre-printed receipt paper rolls.
- Have URL’s printed on give-away novelty items at your POS like pens, magnets, etc.
- Install large TV’s at various locations inside your business and run videos or presentations promoting trivia, general information and mix with your product promotions and most importantly my URL’s for social profiles and website.
- Print out place mats with your social media profile URL’s and product promotion. Sell ad space to accompanying businesses to off-set costs.
- Print out social media profile URL’s on cups, plates, bags, napkins or other printable materials used.
- Print out social media profile URL’s on employee uniforms, aprons and/or hats.
- Have Tee-shirts made with company social media URL’s and info – sell or give away – maybe as a in-house contest – make it fun.
- Print on all printed materials you send out like envelopes or invoices.
- Print or paint on interior menus or signage and storefront glass all relevant social profile links.
Remember the key to social media management is to be creative and try different marketing techniques. If one doesn’t work – don’t give up – go to the next idea.
Keep adding, deleting or tweaking strategies until you find what works with your social media management campaign in your business. This is not a sprint – it’s a marathon. We want long term success – not instant.
Social Media Management